Happy Holdays!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Busy past week!

Wow! Its been a week and no posts, I'm slacking already.
It has been quite a busy week. We had Lizzie's 4Th Birthday party on Sunday. she will be 4 on the 21st, but having a birthday the week on Christmas sucks! I have refused since she was born, to combine Christmas and her Birthday. My family knows I would stroke out if her birthday and Christmas gifts were lumped together... or wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper for that matter! I think she deserves HER special day.. no matter what day of the year it falls on.

I can't believe Christmas is a little over a week away! I need time to slow down! I have barely started Christmas shopping, never mind I have 6 kids to buy for. We are going out Monday night to hopefully our shopping! Wish me luck!

We are having my Father and Step Mother coming over for Christmas, we have not seen them in over a year and a half. The girl's were teeny tiny the last time we got together. they are driving in from Ma. The kids are excited! It will be our first Holiday together since I was a kid.

Madison had her Brownie Troop Christmas party Tues. night, it was fun. She got her new badges! She was very happy her Grandma and Papa were able to come. It has been so nice having the at all the kids functions and sporting events, now that we have moved back.
Nick had his last basketball game, last night. He did well! Tonight is his end of the season party, should be fun!
The twins seem to be coming down with a cold AGAIN! Hopefully it will be a fast one. Ava had to go to the Dr., she had some kind of infection in her toe.. maybe an ingrown toenail after having them clipped who knows.. but it was all red and swollen.. OUCH! and was becoming infected, so they put her on an antibiotic.
Madison and Noah had their Christmas party for school today. Maddie was all excited cause it was also PJ day! they were doing breakfast and crafts all day! Fun! Daddy went in the morning before work to help cook! The kiddos loved having him there. Wish we could have gone, but the kids techers have a rule of No Siblings allowed, so that excludes us, considering we still have 3 at home! Oh, well! I do miss seeing all these thing though, after all it is one of the reasons I stay home! Yes, the crazy life of a Mother of 6! Busy, Busy, Busy!

I am still trying to figure out what to cook for Christmas Eve for dinner. We are having a family/ friends get together...need some good ideas! I also need some yummy side dishes and desserts for Christmas day! We are having prime rib for the meat... its our tradition!

2 comments:

  1. Busy busy mama!!! I haven't started Christmas shopping either, the twins keep me way to busy for that. I only have 3 I can't imagine the craziness of 6. GOOD LUCK and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy momma, but I know you will get it all done! You're a Rockstar!

    ReplyDelete